The parliament met at a summit to discuss the legislation of sex workers in South Africa. The Sexual Offences Act 1957 currently forbids prostitution.
At the summit sex work was referred to as prostitution, which in turn offended the sex workers. They feel that by referring to sex work as work then everyone else will recognise it as work. Some think that the decriminalisation of sex work will be very costly to the state, and feel that prostitution harms one mentally, emotionally and physically.
To emphasise their point the sex workers went on to say that sex workers go into sex work willingly whilst sex trafficking is being forced into prostitution.
Every women should be treated with respect and should be allowed to do as she pleases with her body. With that said I feel that sex work or prostitution is dangerous and demeaning to women, they are at risk when on the job. Sex work should not be decriminalised as it would stir up conversation and unwanted violence towards sex workers.
Link:https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/indepth/reflections-from-a-parliamentary-summit-sex-work-vs-prostitution-time-to-get-the-difference/ar-BBK02kw?ocid=spartanntp_edu

I think sex work should be dicriminalised because even if it stays criminalised it will continue existing.
ReplyDeleteSo I think if it were to be decriminilised it would be beter because the sex workers would be protected by laws. They would be able to voice up their concerns to their clients knowing they have laws protecting them.
I think there should be no such thing as sex work , I dont think its nice changing men multiple times a day .
ReplyDeleteI think there should be no such thing as sex work , I dont think its nice changing men multiple times a day .
ReplyDeleteThis will definitely lead to corruption as some in authority may use this to do unlawful tendencies like using the power for self satisfactions.
ReplyDelete